While trout and, to a lesser extent bass and yellowfish were the main focus of the early contributors to Piscator, articles on marine fly fishing started appearing in the 1980s.
This was a reflection of a growing interest in marine fly fishing elsewhere in the world.
CPS members like Sean Mills and Leonard Flemming contributed articles that reflected their interest in sand shark and mullet respectively.
Today some members of the CPS focus on grunter – as the development of the JAM fly indicates - as well as kob and other species found of the Western Cape coast such as garrick. Thanks to the internet, we can follow their R&D efforts on websites like Feathers & Fluoro.
The early articles in Piscator retain their relevance however.
- Fly fishing for mullet along the South Western Cape coastline - Leonard Flemming
- Jimmy the Shark Man - Ed Herbst
- Catching sandsharks on fly - Sean Mills
- Witsand leervis a survival pack - Paul Taylor
- White steenbras on the fly - Gerard Barnardt
- An encounter with Leeries - Chris Shelton
- The Sand Flea - Leonard Flemming (Chapter 10, South African Fishing Flies An Anthology of Milestone Patterns)
- Denis Island – Richard Schumann
- Durban Bay and Slow Moving Submarines – Brendon Jewaskiewitz
- Flyfishing in Angola – MC Coetzer
- Flyfishing the Seychelles – Michael Myers
- Flyrodding for Yellowtail – Greg Clarke
- The Secretary's Lament - Maxie Holder
- The Boca Grande Pass - Gerard Barnardt